How to Love Your Body

Published October 5th, 2022 by Phoenixadmin

Did you know that approximately 91% of women are unhappy with their bodies and resort to dieting to achieve their ideal body shape? Unfortunately, only 5% of women naturally possess the body type often portrayed by Americans in the media.

It’s not just women – men too! According to research from Men’s Health – the average ‘perfect man’ would be just a tad taller than 6 feet with a weight of 187lbs. That’s roughly a Bradley Cooper or Channing Tatum. Do you know how many guys aren’t 6 feet tall? This is something that men are actually super focused on changing about themselves because they feel they need to be the “perfect man” – you can’t change your height guys! Men and women end up obsessing over completely unrealistic desires that can stem from low self-esteem.

91% of women are unhappy with their bodies. Does that mean the other 9% are made up of the most beautiful women in the world? Absolutely not! How many times have you seen society-deemed beautiful people actually be some of the most insecure people out there? You want to know why? It’s not a body issue. It’s a brain issue! 

Body image is the perception you have of your physical self, but more importantly the thoughts and feelings you experience as a result of that perception. So, it’s what you think about yourself. What you like about yourself and what you don’t.

Have you taken ownership of your body image? If you don’t know, here are some signs that you might not have ownership of your own body image:

You find yourself obsessively self-scrutinizing in mirrors.

You think negative comments about your body and frequently compare yourself to other bodies – even if they are glorified body type or unrealistic – or even know they are fake.

You envy other people’s bodies – whether it be a friend or a celebrity.

You regularly criticize your own appearance.

We know that your own body positivity could be a huge help to your mental health. So how do you fix it? 

Let’s start by bringing awareness to some things. You have to take ownership of your own beliefs about your body! You have to really take responsibility! If you want to change something about your life, YOU have to change something. In this case, it’s our patterns and beliefs about ourselves.

Dig a little deeper and explore the ways of learning to Love Your Body by listening to my podcast! Trust me, you will thank me later. 

Apple Podcast  Spotify   Google Podcasts

‹ Back
  • Shoutout Houston

  • KHOU-11

  • CW-39

  • canvas-rebellogo-bl

  • Voyage Houston